Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Star Pilot


Another one of my recent favorites is a mid-sixties goof fest called Starpilot. It was originally shot and produced in 1965, then eventually dubbed in English and released in the U.S. in 1977, to hopefully catch on that whole "Star Wars" thing the kids were getting into dontcha know.

Anyway it's a story about, uh, wait a minute, I had it a minute ago, hang on.... Aww hell, I cant remember, there's a spaceship and a scientist and his team, and some Chinese spies and Alien travelers, and a crap load of footage that doesn't make any sense.


It really doesn't matter, the only images that really stick into my subconscious are Leontine May and Leonora Ruffo wearing little outfits, running about and doing science fictioney things. And there's a scene where everybody's watching each other eat for some reason.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this film might have some sexual undertones, heck it may even be considered sexist.(from an Italian film? Nah.) as Leontine's little fun with gravity may suggest.
Woof. I'm a lonely, lonely man.

1 comment:

  1. This is an entertaining movie, especially the earthquake scene.

    ReplyDelete